Coventry, Redditch, Shirley, Solihull, Birmingham, Warwick
An exciting opportunity for a Robot Programmer has arisen within a Global automotive component’s manufacturer. The Robot Programmer work on-site at a brand-new purpose-built facility with Fanuc Robots supporting a key vehicle manufacturer, developing multiple programs for automated assembly applications.
Extensive training provided
West Midlands – Commutable from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Lichfield, Cannock, Nuneaton, Dudley, Northfield, Tamworth Sutton Coldfield, Bromsgrove, Redditch
Salary: Circa 30k – 40k + pension + 25 days holiday + online discount system + free parking + desirable working hours (7.30-4.00 Monday to Thursday – 7.30 – 1.00 Friday) + extensive training package
- A Degree in Mechatronics, Automation or Robotics is essential to this position.
- You will have previous experience of working in a Robot Programmer role, ideally within a 1st tier automotive environment.
- Knowledge of just in time (JIT).
- Experience with Fanuc robot programming is desirable but other manufacturers of Robotics will be considered as full training with be provided.
- Ultra-Sonic welding experience is also desirable.
- An understanding of offline programming techniques and software.
- An understanding of six sigma / lean methodologies and ISO9001 / ITAF16949.
- A full UK driving license and access to a vehicle is required – mileage allowance included
- Reporting to the Program Engineering Manager this role is at the cutting edge of next generation automated manufacturing in automotive – Mechatronics, Automation and Robotics are certainly the markets to watch in the coming years.
- Manage and develop programmes through build stage.
- You will develop multiple programs for automated assembly lines.
- Spend time off site with relevant suppliers to support programmes, manage and develop programmes throughout the build phases.
- You will work closely with the suppliers on the design and maturation of automated equipment.
- Use of offline programming techniques and software will be a key part of this role.
- Assist with the development of PFMEA’s, control plans and SOI’s.
- Generation of TPM.
Apply in Confidence
If you are an experienced Robot Programmer with a degree in Mechatronics, Automation or Robotics, and you wish to apply for the position of Robot Programmer please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for a further chat on the job.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 3228KBR – Robot Programmer
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive, engineering and industrial recruitment agency for manufacturing and technical positions.