Works Manager – Industrial Pressings
Birkenhead, Liverpool, Ellesmere Port, Chester, Rhyl, Prestatyn, Wrexham, Holywell
£40,000 – £45,000 p.a. + Private Medical Care + Contributed Pension + Bonus
£40,001 - £60,000
I have 7 years of Technical Recruitment experience, I specialise in recruiting for Automotive, Industrial and Engineering Manufacturers, including Tier One’s, placing a wide range of skilled candidates into Engineering jobs.
Works Manager – Pressings
A long-standing pressings manufacturer and distributor of parts to multiple industries require a Works Manager to oversee the day to day running of the plant from replenishing stock to assisting with customer requirements. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on approach to work with a background in the presswork industry.
North West – Birkenhead, Liverpool, Ellesmere Port, Chester, Rhyl, Prestatyn, Wrexham, Holywell
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 p.a. +Private Medical Care +Contributed Pension +Bonus
Working hours: 7:45am – 4:45pm Mon – Thurs and 7:45 – 12:45pm Fri
Due to the current Works Manager retiring this successful business are looking for the next hands-on Manager to bring the company forward. This is an exciting opportunity for a Manager or Supervisor with presswork industry experience to progress in their career. The company are investing in new equipment and are committed to continued growth.
This role will include the following duties:
- Overseeing production and problem solving.
- Manage and maintain the company’s current quality systems conducting audits on a regular basis.
- Management of all stock replenishment, material planning, scheduling and scanning of stock in a simplified Kanban system.
- Liaising with the customer to ensure parts are produced accurately and meet the specification.
- Assist in the setting up of the press machine and identifying the source of a fault and calling upon external resource to rectify the problem.
- Assist in the checking of parts with the use of Micrometer and Vernier.
- Assist in the distribution and transport of parts for delivery.
There will be a handover with the current Works Manager to give you a good understanding of how the business operates.
- A background in the manufacturing of pressed parts is essential to this position.
- Previous experience in management, supervision or leadership is essential.
- A ‘hands on’ and ‘can do’ attitude is essential to this position – if the business need something out the door you will be prepared to jump on the forklift truck and help the needs of the business.
- Commercial awareness would be advantageous because of the opportunity to progress with the company in the future.
- An understanding of quality systems such as BSI 9001, 14001 and 18001 is highly desirable.
- The ability to read engineering drawings is essential and to be able to produce Auto CAD 2D drafts would be advantageous.
If you are a Works Manager, Toolroom Manager, Production Manager, Technical Manager, Toolroom Supervisor, Operations Manager or General Manager you wish to apply for the position of Works Manager please forward your CV to Greg Kneuss, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Greg directly for a further chat on the job.
Greg is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Greg and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 3220GK
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive, engineering and industrial recruitment agency for manufacturing and technical positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
Apply for this position:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,