Technical Operations Controller – Automotive Service, Maintenance & Vehicle Repair
Dudley, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Kidderminster, Worcester
£28K - £35K + high bonus potential + pension + car allowance + career prospects
£30,001 - £40,000
A Senior Consultant with 14 years Recruitment experience including 10 years in Engineering and Technical Recruitment.
Specialist sectors include Automotive, Logistics, Precision Engineering and FMCG Manufacturing.
Technical Operations Controller
Automotive Service, Maintenance & Vehicle Repair
Are you a technical automotive professional with an excellent understanding of the car service and automotive repairs process? Do you possess a great technical aptitude combined with excellent people skills and robust commercial & operational flair?
We have an exciting opportunity for a UK Technical Operations Controller to join one of the UK’s leading independent vehicle management companies to drive the vehicle service, maintenance control and car repair activities covering in excess of 10,000 vehicles UK wide.
Ideal Location – West Midlands – Dudley, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Kidderminster, Worcester
Salary £28K – £35K + high bonus potential + pension + car allowance + career prospects
The must haves in a nutshell…
Reporting into the Operations Director – key qualities of the UK Technical Operations Controller
- Extensive technical experience working within the automotive repair / automotive workshop sector initially as a car mechanic or vehicle technician.
- A solid understanding of the vehicle service and repair process, ideally with a large or national repairer chain or large multi franchised
- Worked as a senior maintenance controller / workshop controller and understand what it takes to develop a successful vehicle management business from a technical service, maintenance & repair perspective.
- Great technical automotive abilities and solid commercial acumen. Excellent people handling skills, focussed, well organised along with precise attention to detail.
- PC literacy and the ability to look up and analyse parts and vehicle data.
Key challenge will be…
- To develop and grow the organisation’s technical operations, service, maintenance and repair programme.
- Handle the process for all technical enquiries covering in excess of 10,000 vehicles UK wide.
- Proactively manage and grow the UK repairer & service network.
- Engage with key suppliers and service providers to maximise efficiency and improve cost savings for the UK service, maintenance & repair programme.
- Assess, explore and instigate possibilities with new suppliers and service providers.
- Streamline processes and provide swift and accurate technical support throughout the UK.
This role carries an autonomous opportunity to grow and shape the company’s technical services for the UK market. Independently owned the company is enjoying continued growth and for the right individual there is a genuine opportunity to influence and maximise a full range of technical services.
Apply in Confidence
To apply please forward your CV to Karen Smith, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Karen directly for a further chat on the job.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 3290KS – UK Technical Operations Controller
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry.
Apply for this position:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,