Birmingham, Erdington, Edgbaston, Harborne, Quinton, Halesowen, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Solihull, Dudley, West Bromwich, Stourbridge, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Rubery
£30,000 + Pension + Benefits
With a strong technical recruitment background, I have a high level of knowledge recruiting in the Engineering, Automotive Aftermarket, OEM and Tier 1 markets for both Sales and Operational roles.
Website Glen Callum Associates
Technical Cataloguer / Car Parts Advisor
If you are from a Technical / Automotive / Engineering background and have experience as either a Technical Cataloguer / Technical Car parts Advisor or Engineering components this is a great role for you.
For this role you will need to have good Technical Knowledge of specialist Car Parts / Engine Parts and ideally have the experience of allocating serial numbers, logging and cataloguing car parts on company computer systems. If you don’t have this experience but are from a technical background then trainign will be given.
This role is working for a well-established business located near Birmingham who have an excellent track record for supplying New and Remanufactured specialist car parts.
You will need to have excellent technical knowledge and be fully computer literate as your main duties will be to classify and catalogue specialist car parts onto the internal TecDoc / Partslink24 / Autocat+ systems using XChecker / Elcome cataloguing software. If you aren’t already conversant with these systems then training will be given.
This succesful company is going through a strategic expansion plan and this is an exciting time to be joining. As part of their team you will be supported by the Senior Management and career development and progression is offered. Free onsite parking, kitchen, refreshments and a nice modern office working environment at well as an excellent salary are just some of the benefits offered.
Ideally Located – Birmingham, Erdington, Edgbaston, Harborne, Quinton, Halesowen, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Solihull, Dudley, West Bromwich, Stourbridge, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Rubery
Salary – £30,000 to £35,000 dependant on experience + Pension + Benefits
The Candidate & Role
- Ideally come from a Technical Automotive / Car Parts / Motor Factor / Parts Advisor / engineering background
- Have good knowledge of specialist car parts such as Driveshaft’s, Brake Callipers and Steering Systems and associated components
- To complete descriptive cataloguing of specialist car parts
- Classify new car parts and assign subject headings
- Catalogue updating and administration
- Resolution of technical problems and issues relating to classification and cataloguing
- Provide technical and fitting advice to customers
- Keep all internal computer systems accurately updated
- Be computer literate and able to source and look up car parts on internal systems
- Ideally have used Autocat plus, Partslink24 or / and Tecdoc – not essential.
- Be a good team player with a can do will do personality
- Be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of the remanufacturing process will be an advantage
Apply in Confidence:
To apply for this Technical Cataloguer / Parts Advisor role please forward your CV to Robert Cox at Glen Callum Associates Ltd on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07398 204832
Scroll down to apply or check out our other jobs here