Software Support Technician
Oxford, Thame, Bicester, Banbury, Wheatley, Witney, Wantage, Didcot, Abingdon, High Wycombe, Aylesbury, Winslow, Buckingham, Brackley, Faringdon, Woodstock
£23K + Pension + Life Assurance + Private medical + Career Opportunity
£20,001 - £25,000
I have 9 years’ experience of working with key OEM’s and vehicle manufacturers working closely with them to attract top sales, operations, technical, marketing and IT talent.
Software Support Technician
A Software Support Technician is required to join a market leading provider of automotive diagnostic products. They are seeking an experienced Helpdesk Technician to offer technical support via the telephone, email and web chat to customers, distributors, and colleagues. You will provide information and guidance on products whilst also deploying software updates and fixes.
The Software Support Technician will become the first point of contact for any inbound product or software related issues. Becoming part of a team investigating vehicle data logs, platform logfiles and reviewing existing code to identify the root causes of customer issues. Based on investigation you will resolve the customers issue, apply an existing fix, or escalate the issue accordingly.This role would suit a candidate with a good, hands-on knowledge of Windows operating systems and a basic understanding of programming languages such as C, C#, Python, Git.
Office based – Commutable from – Oxford, Thame, Bicester, Banbury, Wheatley, Witney, Wantage, Didcot, Abingdon, High Wycombe, Aylesbury, Winslow, Buckingham, Brackley, Faringdon, Woodstock
Salary circa 23k + pension + life assurance + private medical
- Provide product and software support to internal customers.
- Review platform and operating systems logfiles and investigate causes of issues.
- Resolve issues where possible and deploy fixes.
- When issues cannot be resolved, escalate them to the relevant department.
- Record all issues and actions.
- Provide reports on trends with software and product issues.
- Work with other departments to ensure an appropriate outcome for customers.
- Create processes to improve the efficiency of software and hardware support.
- Our ideal candidate will have previous experience in an IT / Software helpdesk position providing 1st or 2nd line support.
- A strong knowledge of Windows operating systems is required in this role.
- An understanding of Windows software architecture.
- The ability to demonstrate competency in understanding computer programming languages such as C, C#, Python and Git.
- Strong problem-solving skills are a must, as are an analytical and critical thinking mindset.
- The ability to learn new computer programming skills.
- Experience or an interest in the automotive industry is highly advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a 1st / 2nd line IT / Software support background to join a leading automotive business.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of Software Support Technician please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for a further chat on the job.
JOB REF 3435KB Software Support Technician
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions.
Complete the fields below to apply:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,