£25k-40k (depending upon experience) + life insurance + 25 days holiday, increasing to 30 days with length of service + enhance pension + private medical insurance
I have 10 years+ experience of working with key OEM’s and vehicle manufacturers working closely with them to attract top sales, operations, technical, marketing and IT talent. I work locally, nationally and internationally.
Website Glen Callum Associates
Software Engineer – Automotive
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with software programming experience to join a market leading provider of diagnostic, programming and repair support. The Field Software Engineer is involved in designing, developing and testing vehicle communications, data streams and diagnostic applications. You will also have the opportunity to develop and validate these tools on vehicles in the field.
C++ experience is highly beneficial but proficiency in object orientated languages considered.
This is a great opening into a market leading, international business combining your software development experience and automotive interests, working in the field on ‘live’ vehicles. In return, you will receive a competitive salary and enhanced benefits package.
This is a field-based role with regular travel within 2 hours of Oxford.
Commutable from – Oxford, Thame, Bicester, Banbury, Wheatley, Witney, Wantage, Didcot, Abingdon, High Wycombe, Aylesbury, Winslow, Buckingham, Brackley, Faringdon, Woodstock
Salary – £25k-40k (depending upon experience) + life insurance + 25 days holiday, increasing to 30 days with length of service + enhance pension + private medical insurance
- Designing, developing and testing vehicle communications, vehicle data streams and diagnostic applications.
- Using and developing scripting tools to assist data input.
- Using vehicle analysers / bus snooping tools to discover data.
- Ensure the achievement of delegated delivery targets.
- Encourage and maintain professional working relationships with 3rd party automotive locations.
- Visit 3rd party automotive locations to gain access to a variety of cars.
- Contribute to updating team procedures under ISO9001.
- Our ideal candidate will have previous experience in a software development role, using object orientated language such as C++
- An interest in the automotive industry is advantageous including a knowledge of car mechanics.
- An understanding of Windows MFC / Windows API
- Experience of working with C#, Java or Python are advantageous.
- Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle (mileage allowance will be paid).
- An outgoing, confident personality with ability to liaise with 3rd
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of Field Software Engineer – Automotive please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for a further chat on the job.
JOB REF 3730KB Software Engineer – Automotive
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions.
Scroll down to apply or check out our other jobs here