Quality Engineer/Warranty Engineer/Customer Services Co-ordinator
Chelmsford, Basildon, London, Cambridge, Harlow, Watford, St Albans, United Kingdom
£Competitive + Benefits etc.
Competitive / Details on request
With almost 25 years Technical Engineering recruitment experience, I handle most of Glen Callum’s Tier 1 and Tier 2 roles, recruiting Production, Design, Quality, Sales, Lean, Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma Professionals.
Quality/Warranty Engineer/Customer Services Co-ordinator
Reporting to the UK Quality Manager, this role is a fantastic opportunity to join a celebrated global developer and manufacturer of automotive components.
Our clients’ portfolio of clients includes some of the biggest vehicle manufacturers in the world. They have the solidity of some 30 years’ success in supplying reliable products to these Original Equipment Manufacturing giants and backed by this strength, have this requirement at their UK Headquarters.
Ideally located – Chelmsford, Basildon, London, Cambridge, Harlow, Watford, St Albans
£Competitive + Benefits etc.
Reporting to the UK Quality Manager, your responsibilities will be:
- To record warranty issues and complaints and provide detailed analysis and reports on claims and failures.
- Provide co-ordination and support for field trials and liaise with customers on issues and complaints.
- Co-ordinate the Corrective Action activities within the company.
- The role would ideally suit an experienced Quality Engineer with experience in Automotive Electronic components and interested in working on warranty issues.
- To maintain and monitor a database of warranty information, recording all relevant details of field failures.
- To conduct suitable investigations in order to ascertain failure mode and categorising each warranty failure according to failure mode.
- To produce detailed reports on all company warranty claims for analysis within the group.
- To facilitate the implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
- To highlight trends in failures and being proactive in ensuring that such information is used within the business to prevent the possibility of recurrence.
- To identify and monitor repeated warranty claims on components and/or sub contract components and highlight such trends within regular reports.
- To visit both UK based and overseas customers and company manufacturing locations as required in support of warranty investigations.
- To investigate appropriate compensation and improvements to the components or service to reduce such warranty claims.
Customer Service responsibilities:
- To maintain and update Customer Complaints database, recording complaints and corrective action taken to resolve all concerns.
- To liaise with all departments to co-ordinate the quarantine/re-direction/re-work of non-conforming stock held at the company and/or with the customer or supplier.
- To direct incoming complaints to the relevant departments, with details of all information and communications received.
- To provide appropriate subsequent communications and 8D reports to customers, with details of remedial actions provided by cross-functional teams.
- To maintain a positive working relationship with all customers, responding to any general quality/technical enquiries promptly and effectively.
- To collate and supply monthly data for management reporting (KPI) and display in the relevant areas.
- To document and alert all relevant personnel of internal discrepancies that directly impact on the customer and /or the internal business operations.
- To liaise with Sales Department with the organisation of replacement goods and queries against customer rejects. Assist with the validation of claims, when necessary.
- To liaise with the accounts department to validate all claims against returns, when required.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of Warranty Engineer/Customer Services Co-ordinator please forward your CV to Gary Horwood, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Gary directly for a further chat on the job.
Gary is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Gary and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2648GH
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
Apply for this position:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,