Purchasing Assistant / Buyer
Twickenham, Bromley, Croydon, Leatherhead, Maidenhead, Slough, Watford, High Wycombe, St Albans, Woking, Guildford, Crawley, Tonbridge, London
£32 - 34k Basic (pro rata) + Bonus + Private Healthcare + Life Assurance + Pension
£30,001 - £40,000
As one of Glen Callum’s Senior Consultants I recruit for a wide range of roles; however, I specialise in dealing with OEM, Vehicle Manufacturer and Aftermarket clients, finding fantastic engineering, sales, marketing and product management candidates.
Purchasing Assistant / Buyer
Industrial / Mechanical Components
12-month fixed term contract
An exciting opportunity to join an international manufacturer of industrial, automotive and mechanical machinery and components. Our client is seeking a Procurement / Purchasing Co-Ordinator to join their successful Purchasing team to work closely with project teams to source new parts and service suppliers for the rail section of the business.
This role is a 12-month fixed term contract
Ideal Location – Greater London – Commutable from – Twickenham, Bromley, Croydon, Leatherhead, Maidenhead, Slough, Watford, High Wycombe, St Albans, Woking, Guildford, Crawley, Tonbridge, London
£32 – 34k Basic (pro rata) + Bonus + Private Healthcare + Life Assurance + Pension
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer will support and be a part of a team delivering complex rail projects.
- This role would suit a candidate with a proven background in Purchasing in a Manufacturing or Engineering
- You will ideally be educated, to a minimum of HNC level, in Engineering, Manufacturing Processes or Business Administration, in addition to have or be studying towards CIPS qualifications.
- You will have a knowledge of ERP Systems, this is an essential.
- Our ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of Supply Chain Management principles and practices.
- Strong IT skills, in particular Excel.
- The ability to travel throughout the UK with occasional European travel is required for this role.
- Actively seek and develop relationships with new suppliers for parts and services, whilst ensuring rail standards compliance.
- Purchase required parts through the use of the MRP System to ensure they are in line with the companies planned demand.
- Support high level and large value negotiations with the aid of available data in conjunction with supplier and customer meetings.
- Identify opportunities for the business to save costs and formulate, implement and manage plans to achieve this.
- Form an integral part of the project teams that deliver complex rail projects.
- Routinely liaise with the companies German Head Office.
If you have a knowledge of Procurement / Buying in a Components Manufacturing or Engineering, this is an exciting opportunity to join a leading manufacturing group and become part of a highly successful and motivated team.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the Purchasing Assistant job please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for a further chat on the job.
Kayleigh is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Kayleigh and she will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 3236KB
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
Apply for this position:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,