Principle Design Engineer
Staffordshire - commutable locations / Ideally Located – Rocester, Uttoxeter, Cheadle, Ashbourne, Alton, Caverswall, Church Mayfield, Stafford, Cannock, Stoke on Trent, Burton upon Trent, Lichfield, Telford, Sutton Coldfield, Crewe, Derby, Macclesfield, Wolverhampton
Upto 65K + Pension + Medical Insurance + Dental Care
£60,001 - £80,000
With a strong technical recruitment background, I have a high level of knowledge recruiting in the Engineering, Automotive Aftermarket, OEM and Tier 1 markets for both Sales and Operational roles.
Principal Design Engineer
One of the most successful and innovative Engineering Companies who products are known world wide are now looking for a Principal Design Engineer to join their team.
This Principal Design Engineers role will be ideal for a person looking for an opportunity to develop their career within a fast-paced organisation at the cutting edge of specialist vehicle design and development.
As a Principal Systems Design Engineer, you will be responsible for all stages of development from initial concept to smooth launch and will meet all regulatory, quality, cost and timing requirements.
You will lead a team of engineers to ensure they deliver the work programme from specification through analysis, testing and development, to your final sign-off.
You will ideally have an extensive working knowledge of powertrain systems in either on or off highway vehicles / machinery as well as a good base engineering experience in fabrications and mouldings etc.
Ideally Located – Rocester, Uttoxeter, Cheadle, Ashbourne, Alton, Caverswall, Church Mayfield, Stafford, Cannock, Stoke on Trent, Burton upon Trent, Lichfield, Telford, Sutton Coldfield, Crewe, Derby, Macclesfield, Wolverhampton
Salary – £55k to £65K DOE – pension, medical insurance, dental care, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
- Be able to manage multiple projects from concept to delivery adhering to tight deadlines
- Have an excellent understanding of powertrain system
- Be degree qualified in an associated mechanical engineering discipline and have a sound understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles
- Have extensive machine / system knowledge.
- Have the ability to advise, influence and lead other engineers showing your knowledge and expertise.
- Be able to present confident effective manner
- Experienced in Technically coaching and mentoring junior team members to support their technical and future development
- Be able to solve problems and analyse failure
- Lead a team of engineers based in the UK and over seas
- Be able to liaise / collaborate with other departments, such as programme teams, purchasing, quality, other development teams including reporting to senior management / directors
- Develop design briefs / design concepts – solutions / validations plans & delivery plans
- Generate project timing plans, technical requirements, budgets etc.
- Support engineering sign-off requirements / fit for purpose sign off for all propulsion systems and components with the use of DFMEA’s, DVP’s
- Support reviews & generate documentation to prove the machine meets the latest legislation requirements.
- Resolve engineering issues using recognised methodologies
- Reviewing of CAE results & calculations to simulate machine performance / life prior to validation testing phase.
- Develop design standards & test procedures, rig operation, test equipment etc.
Apply in Confidence:
To apply for this Principal Design Engineers role please forward your CV to Robert Cox at Glen Callum Associates Ltd on email@example.com or 07398 204832
Job Ref: 3680RC Principal Design Engineer
Scroll down to apply or check out our other jobs here
Complete the fields below to apply:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,