National Account – Sales Manager (U.K.)- Automotive Aftermarket
Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Nottingham, Derby, Wolverhampton, Oxford, London, Liverpool, Northampton, Coventry
££ Executive Salary + Executive Car + Benefits
Competitive / Details on request
As the Director of Glen Callum for the past 20 years, I mainly handle most of our client’s senior vacancies These include Managing Directors, Sales Directors, General Managers, Operations Directors whilst also pioneering our services into allied sectors such as the engineering and industrial markets.
National Account – Sales Manager (U.K.)
Are you a Senior Sales Manager, National Account Manager or Senior Sales professional experienced in growing strategic national business / buying group contracts with parts suppliers within the automotive aftermarket?
If your answer is yes, read on as this could be the opportunity you have been looking for….
££ Executive Salary + Executive Car + Benefits
Ideal location: UK Based – Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Nottingham, Derby, Wolverhampton, Oxford, London, Liverpool, Northampton, Coventry
Belonging to a global trading group, our client is steeped in tradition of supplying the automotive, leisure, marine and industrial sectors with top performing OE branded products, along with an unrivalled, complex and detailed distribution service & technical support. Right now, we are looking to hire a senior sales professional to focus on their national account business activities, primarily for the automotive aftermarket sector.
Reporting to the Sales Director this is a Senior Appointment and focuses heavily on developing strategic national account business along with national buying group contracts.
- Responsibility for the sales & marketing initiatives into the automotive aftermarket for national accounts and independent trading groups.
- Work in conjunction with the field sales team locally to support national business initiatives.
- Proactively tender for national type business, developing pricing strategies that optimise & harmonise sales revenue and margin performance.
- Take ownership for developing sales with key customers and groups, working in tandem with the inter-company business heads from sales, marketing, through to supply chain, logistics and finance.
- Target and develop a strategic new business development plans to win new business and new customers.
- Report on national account sales performance against budget to the senior management team and board directors. Deploying corrective actions when and where necessary.
- Enthusiastically introduce new products, references and new product technology to market, maximising both product exposure and distribution.
- Monitor and track competitor activity assessing weakness, strengths, opportunities and threats.
- Maintain an exceptional knowledge of the market and current trends.
- Manage complex pricing structures and tender processes for high level customers.
- Create engaging business proposals that enable successful tenders and profit streams
- Negotiate retrospective rebate schemes that encourage healthy volume business growth aligned with group profit benchmarks.
- Track and report on the company’s performance and positioning of the company in the market.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will undoubtedly require experience of operating in a senior sales or senior account management capacity preferably within the automotive aftermarket / allied sectors.
The must haves:
- Experience of handling complex and multi-tiered sales distribution platforms nationally
- Trade negotiations with buying groups and trade distributors / large wholesale operations
- within the automotive aftermarket.
- Experience of handling OE premium brands and key elements associated with selling value
- added concepts for premium priced products.
- High exposure to complex pricing strategies and retrospective rebates.
- Gravitas to positively influence and network with senior industry figure heads.
- Ability to influence internal business functions particularly sales, marketing and pricing.
- Experience of accurately analysing, assessing and utilising / manipulating large amounts of data.
- 1st class people skills able to influence an experienced sales & marketing division.
- Financially robust with excellent commercial expertise and aptitude.
- Strategic and visionary outlook
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- 1st class pc skills especially Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent financial expertise / analytical skills.
- Excellent organisation and delegation skills.
- Exceptional motivational qualities both yourself and team members.
- Resilience and tenacity under pressure.
- Proactive team player.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Our retained recruitment partner is Glen Shepherd of Glen Callum Associates. To apply for the National Account – Sales Manager job please forward your CV in confidence to Glen Shepherd, Director at Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2896GS
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
Apply for this position:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,