MOT Tester – Fast Fit – Oxford
Oxford, Bicester, Kidlington, Abingdon, Witney, Didcot
c£26k Basic, OTE £29k + Benefits
£25,001 - £30,000
I am highly experienced in the Automotive parts retail and distribution sectors. I have worked for Glen Callum Associates for 15 years and have a high level of knowledge recruiting in the Automotive Aftermarket, OEM and Refinish markets.
MOT Tester – Fast Fit
If you’re looking for a career that has teamwork, rewards, long-term scope and is going places – apply now!
MOT Testers & Fitters are an integral part of the branch team and contribute to the overall success of the branch. Approved and regularly checked by DVSA, MOT Testers / Vehicle Mechanics carry out a responsible role in ensuring that all vehicles are tested in accordance with Ministry Standards and that the company is meetings its obligations as an Approved MOT Centre.
In return an MOT Tester / Vehicle Technician & Fitter are given the opportunity to earn great rewards, benefits and to work for a company that appreciates the contribution which an MOT Tester make!
Ideally located – Oxford, Bicester, Kidlington, Abingdon, Witney, Didcot
Salary: c£26k Basic, OTE £29k + Benefits
- As an MOT Tester / Vehicle Fitter you will provide efficient and effective customer service, with the highest quality of workmanship, in relation to MOT’s and other company products, ensuring that the work is carried out in line with company and Ministry procedures.
- Observe the National Customer Code at all times.
- Responsible for inspecting, removal, repair or replacement of brake components, tyres, exhausts, shock absorbers, oil and filter and
- Provide quality workmanship at all times, seeking advice and guidance where necessary.
- Ensure all work is quality controlled.
- Maintain accurate documentation in line with company procedures.
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to.
- Assist in answering incoming telephone calls (when trained).
- Ensure branch equipment is kept in good working order.
- Attend training courses as and when needed.
- Completion of annual mandatory MOT CPD requirements as regulated by DVSA
- It is essential that you are registered with the DVSA to carry out MOT Tests
- Having worked as a Vehicle Technician you should have at least 3 years’ experience in the fitment of brake components, tyres, exhausts, shock absorbers, oil and filters, batteries and all other vehicle related components.
- A willingness to carry out fitting duties when not completed MOT tests
- A good knowledge and use of MOT Equipment & Calibration
- Clear understanding of the MOT scheme requirements
- Good understanding of the company and DVSA Administration processes and procedures
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of MOT Tester / Vehicle Mechanic please forward your CV to Julian Curtis, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Julian directly for a further chat on the job.
JOB REF 3224JC
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
Apply for this position:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,