Oxford, Abingdon, Burford, Witney, Faringdon, Chipping Norton, Brackley, Banbury, Bicester, Didcot, Wantage, Swindon, Cirencester, Bourton-on-the-water
£28-31K + Generous holiday entitlement
£25,001 - £30,000
I have 10 years’ experience of working with key OEM’s and vehicle manufacturers working closely with them to attract top sales, operations, technical, marketing and IT talent. I work locally, nationally and internationally.
A Maintenance Engineer with a mechanical engineering background is required to join the manufacturing and engineering team at a well-established, successful manufacturer of classic car components. This is a unique opportunity to work on original automotive tooling and manufacturing equipment including welding equipment, jigs and tools. Working alongside another Maintenance Engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop expert knowledge of this original tooling and equipment.
Our ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in a Maintenance Engineering role with an aptitude for mechanical engineering. A basic knowledge and experience of electrical engineering is advantageous. A passion for engineering is a must, as is a willingness to learn and experience their traditional way of working.
Ideal location – Oxford, Abingdon, Burford, Witney, Faringdon, Chipping Norton, Brackley, Banbury, Bicester, Didcot, Wantage, Swindon, Cirencester, Bourton-on-the-water
Salary – circa £28,000 rising to £31,000 after successful probation (3 months) + generous holiday entitlement
Hours of work – Monday to Thursday 7.15am to 4.45pm, with the occasional Friday as overtime
- Setting up and maintenance of spot-welding equipment.
- Maintenance of jigs and tools used in the manufacturing process.
- Development of jigs and tools for new part numbers.
- Upgrading existing equipment as required.
- Work with the Manufacturing Manager to develop an on-going plan of routine maintenance.
- Support the Manufacturing Manager in the training and development of a Maintenance Assistant.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner, including the use of PPE.
- A proven background in a Mechanical Maintenance Engineering
- An apprentice trained Mechanical Engineer or a recognised qualification such as NVQ or City & Guilds.
- A knowledge and exposure to electrical engineering is advantageous.
- A passion for engineering and a willingness to learn.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of Maintenance Engineer please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for a further chat on the job.
JOB REF 3506KB – Maintenance Engineer – Mechanical Engineering
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive recruitment consultancy with a vast amount of experience of operating within automotive, industrial and engineering sectors.
Scroll down to apply or check out our other jobs here
Complete the fields below to apply:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,