HGV Technician – Night Shift – Commercial Vehicle
Leighton Buzzard, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, Buckingham
£17 per hour plus Shift Allowance + Bonus + Overtime
£30,001 - £40,000
I have exclusively recruited in the aftermarket for 23 years, recruiting for various roles within motor factors, distributors, OEM’s and dealerships; sourcing for all levels of role from technicians through to Senior Managers
One of the UK’s largest independently-owned commercial vehicle workshop operators are looking to expand their team of HGV Technicians to maintain commercial vehicles and trailers to MOT standard.
Salary: £17 per hour plus Shift Allowance + Bonus + Overtime
Night Shift: 6pm – 6am (4 x 12-hour shifts)
Ideally Located: Leighton Buzzard, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, Buckingham
The Role: As a HGV Technician you will:
- Carry out routine maintenance & repairs on all makes of commercial vehicles & trailers to DVSA Standard.
- Diagnose and rectify all types of faults.
- Attend disabled vehicles at the roadside or at customers’ premises.
- Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises.
- Liaise with the parts department to attain relevant parts.
- Ensure health and safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to.
- Ensure appropriate clocking is made, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness.
- Maintain a thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses.
- City & Guilds Level 3 or NVQ qualified Technician.
- Ability to work within guidelines and to strict deadlines.
- Work as part of a busy team under pressure and seek solutions to problems
- Computer literate with good verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks.
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
- Current drivers’ licence.
- HGV licence desired but not essential.
- Fork lift licence desired but not essential.
- Main dealer workshop experience an advantage.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of HGV Technician please forward your CV to Jenny Harris, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Jenny directly for a further chat on the HGV Technician job.
Jenny is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Jenny and she will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 3215JH HGV Technician
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
Apply for this position:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,