Group Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager
Wednesbury / Wolverhampton / Walsall / West Bromwich / Dudley / Birmingham / West Midlands
£45,000 to £55,000
£40,001 - £60,000
As Recruitment Director at Glen Callum Associates I have over 20 years of experience recruiting for an impressive list of market leading manufacturers and distributors. I offer candidates advice and assistance during their recruitment search and take pride in ensuring I find the right role for each candidate, ensuring longevity and job satisfaction.
Group Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager
We are looking to employ a Purchasing focused Supply Chain Manager great at working Demand Planning & Inventory Management activities, whilst also proactively influencing inbound Supplier Management performance in line with production demands. Do you relish a career opportunity giving you the autonomy and scope to influence group Supply Chain and Procurement functions?
Location – Wednesbury / Wolverhampton / Walsall / West Bromwich / Dudley / Birmingham / West Midlands
(Circa £45k – £55k) Basic Salary + Pension & Benefits
Reporting to the board Director, the Group Supply Chain Manager will hold responsibility for Group Procurement & Supply Chain functions in supporting established production manufacturing, sub-assembly and aftercare divisions of a leading automotive & engineering business with a fantastic reputation.
- Work closely with suppliers to effectively manage the inbound supply chain of products for the group and multi-site locations.
- Proactively work with group divisions to establish product supply to cater for manufacturing demand, sub-assembly and aftercare needs.
- Work closely with stores, warehouse and production functions to improve communication ultimately resulting in improved inventory levels and availability.
- Review, evaluate and implement systems and processes to seamlessly integrate in bound product to enhance production performance and manufacturing turn around.
- Work closely with the engineering division and production heads to manage overall operational performance of the group.
- Where possible improve pricing and supplier negotiations.
- Fully understand the business model using integrity, tact and empathy before implementing functional change.
- Our ideal candidate will be an experienced senior Supply Chain or Purchasing professional with experience of working in an engineering, parts procurement or engineering / sub-assembly business.
- We are looking for an individual with excellent attention to detail with high levels of precision within their work able to communicate succinctly at all levels.
- You will require excellent PC and analytical skills, particularly excel spread sheet work as the role carries intrinsic analysis of data, parts supply and supplier performance.
- A good communicator with an excellent telephone manner and an ability to write clear and concise emails.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and work in conjunction with other multi-site functions simultaneously.
- Positive character with a bright outlook and prepared to go the extra mile.
To apply for the Group Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager job please forward your CV to Glen Shepherd, at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Glen directly for a further chat on the job.
JOB REF 3444 GSP
Complete the fields below to apply:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,