Basingstoke, Newbury, Thatcham, Winchester, Andover, Hook
£25k - £32k (DOE). Monday – Friday working hours. 20 Days holiday plus bank holidays, Pension, Private Health Care (after 2 years of service).
£30,001 - £40,000
I have exclusively recruited in the aftermarket for 23 years, recruiting for various roles within motor factors, distributors, OEM’s and dealerships; sourcing for all levels of role from technicians through to Senior Managers
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven Front-End Designer to join a fast-growing agency at an exciting time! They specialize in providing clients with services that provide growth in the sales of parts to the UK Aftermarket.
Looking for a positive, enthusiastic and friendly Front-End Designer to join the team.
Things work a bit differently with this company, this is like nowhere else you will ever work! On a day-to-day basis any variety of projects can come up. It’s the electric range of work that keeps the job exciting and motivating. Being confident enough to pitch your ideas, no matter how crazy you think they might be, will take you far.
Office Based Commutable From – Basingstoke, Newbury, Thatcham, Winchester, Andover, Hook
Salary: £25k – £32k (DOE). Monday – Friday working hours. 20 Days holiday plus bank holidays, Pension, Private Health Care (after 2 years of service).
- Front-End Designer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of development.
- Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- You will work with UI/UX Designer and bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Experience with CMS (primarily knowledge of Umbraco)
- Knowledge of responsive design and coding
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, Bootstrap and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of Front-End Designer please forward your CV to Jenny Harris, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Jenny directly for a further chat on the job.
Jenny is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Jenny and she will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 3166JH
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
Apply for this position:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,