CAD Engineer – AutoCAD & 2D floor plans
Coventry, Redditch, Shirley, Solihull, Birmingham, Warwick
£30,000 - £35,000 p.a. + Free Parking (12-month fixed term contract)
£30,001 - £40,000
I have 7 years of Technical Recruitment experience, I specialise in recruiting for Automotive, Industrial and Engineering Manufacturers, including Tier One’s, placing a wide range of skilled candidates into Engineering jobs.
An automotive component supplier who are going through a substantial amount of growth require a CAD Engineer to design floor plan layouts for a manufacturing engineering team for automotive equipment. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in AutoCAD and will have worked with 2D floor plans with previous expertise as a Draughtsman, Layout Engineer or Design Engineer.
West Midlands – Commutable from Coventry, Redditch, Shirley, Solihull, Birmingham, Warwick
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 p.a. + Free Parking (12-month fixed term contract)
- Significant experience of using AutoCAD is essential.
- Experience of working with 2D Floor plans is essential.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced automotive manufacturing environment is desirable but not essential.
- An understanding of ISO9001/IATF16949, Six Sigma & Lean methodologies is desirable.
- You will be computer literate with MS Project, have excellent communication skills and have the ability to work on your own initiative or as part of a team.
- Reporting to the Program Engineering Manager you will produce 2D floor plan layouts on AutoCAD, assist in the development of process flows and ensure a plan for every part approach to layout.
- You will validate the current layout status and update AutoCAD drawings as and when required.
- A part of your role will be to work with equipment suppliers to obtain the correct drawings of the equipment.
- You will assist the Engineering team in the development of a factory layout.
Apply in Confidence
If you are a Draughtsman, Layout Engineer, 2D Draughtsman or Design Engineer and you wish to apply for the position of CAD Engineer please forward your CV to Greg Kneuss, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Greg directly for a further chat on the job.
Greg is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Greg and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 3229GK
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive, engineering and industrial recruitment agency for manufacturing and technical positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
Apply for this position:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,