East Midlands – commutable from Lincoln, Newark-on-Trent, Grantham, Boston, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop, Scunthorpe
Circa 26K Basic + Benefits
£25,001 - £30,000
I have 10 years’ experience of working with key OEM’s and vehicle manufacturers working closely with them to attract top sales, operations, technical, marketing and IT talent. I work locally, nationally and internationally.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Buyer / Purchasing Coordinator / Procurement Coordinator in the Lincoln area. Our client is a leading supplier of automotive parts, supplying garages and car enthusiasts the world over.
Office based – East Midlands – commutable from Lincoln, Newark-on-Trent, Grantham, Boston, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop, Scunthorpe
££ Circa 26k Basic + Benefits
- Previous experience within a buyer, purchasing or procurement
- A purchasing qualification – such as CIPS, is desirable, as is time-served experience in buying or purchasing roles.
- First-class communication skills.
- You will be accurate, diligent and organised, with the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of using SAP, SGA or VSE systems is highly desirable.
- A knowledge of car parts or the automotive industry is advantageous, as is an interest in this area.
- Routine review of inventory – placing orders to maintain availability whilst optimising stock turn.
- Regular reviews of back orders.
- Develop supplier relationships to ensure close working partnerships.
- Identify gaps in inventory and negotiate contracts with new suppliers to improve range, cashflow and profitability.
- Conduct new and existing supplier visits, assessing opportunities, capacity, viability and processes. Reporting findings and recommendations to the Purchasing Manager.
- Identify slow moving / NLA stock and report to purchasing manager with recommendations.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the Purchasing Assistant / Buyer job please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for a further chat on the job.
JOB REF 3454KB Purchasing Assistant / Buyer
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
Check out our other jobs here
Complete the fields below to apply:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,