North Kent / South London (M25)
£35-45K + PR Bonus + Pension + Benefits
With a strong technical recruitment background, I have a high level of knowledge recruiting in the Engineering, Automotive Aftermarket, OEM and Tier 1 markets for both Sales and Operational roles.
Website Glen Callum Associates
Buyer – Manufacturing
We are looking to employ a Buyer / Purchasing / Procurement professional preferrably from a technical, engineering or manufacturing background.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of raw materials and be technically minded enough to understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
This role would suit either an existing Buyer / Purchasing / Supply Chain professional willing to learn the technical aspect, or an experienced Engineer / Technical Estimator / Technical Planner that wants to move away from the shop floor as the company are willing to teach the right person the buying aspect of the role.
In return this successful engineering and manufacturing business can offer you a competitive salary, positive career path, support, excellent annual leave provision, pension, onsite parking coupled with a great working environment.
This is a business that put their people first! Their people’s happiness is of the upmost importance.
Location North Kent / South London (M25), Beckenham, Biggin Hill, caterham, Coulsdon, Croydon, Bromley, Wimbledon, Wandsworth, Lewisham, Swarley
(Circa £35k – £45k) DOE + Basic Salary + PR Bonus + Pension & Benefits + on-site parking
In short, our ideal candidate will….
- Ideally come from an experienced buying, procurement or supply chain
- Ideally come from a technical, engineering and manufacturing
- Ideally be able to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Will preferably have raw material buying experience
- Possess experience of handling a substantial number of suppliers.
- Have the gravitas and analytical mind to work with suppliers and benchmark supplier performance.
- Understand freight, logistics and the impact of inbound supply chain.
- Enjoy sourcing new suppliers.
- Feel comfortable in building solid negotiation cases with suppliers.
- Positive character with a bright outlook and prepared to go the extra mile.
The company are fully prepared to support the successful applicant through continued professional development and genuine career advancement in line with performance.
To apply for the Buyer / Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager role please forward your CV to Robert Cox, at Glen Callum Associates Ltd on email@example.com or 07398 204832
JOB REF – 3717RC – Buyer Manufacturing