Buyer – Manufacturer
North Kent / South London (M25) -Commutable from Beckenham, Croydon, Bromley, Lewisham, Purley, Sutton, Biggin Hill, Westerham, Orpington, Sidcup, Mitcham, Chislehurst
£35000 - 40000 + Bonus + Pension + Benefits
£30,001 - £40,000
As a Director of GCA with 24 years Senior recruiting experience for Automotive, Engineering and Industrial companies. I work with leading companies and jobseekers within Senior Executive, Sales, Marketing, Operations and Engineering roles.
We are looking to employ an ambitious Purchasing professional or Buyer focused on Procurement & Supply Chain Management for a manufacturing business operative within the global engineering sector. Our ideal applicant will understand raw material procurement through MRP, ERP planning. We seek buyers with a passion for improving Supply Chain & Purchasing functions across local & international suppliers. If you have experience in all areas of Purchasing, Supply Chain, Demand Planning & Inventory Management, then this is an excellent opportunity with future prospects and autonomy to shape decisions.
Location North Kent / South London (M25) – Commutable from Beckenham, Croydon, Bromley, Lewisham, Purley, Sutton, Biggin Hill, Westerham, Orpington, Sidcup, Mitcham, Chislehurst
(Circa £35k – £40k) + Basic Salary + PR Bonus + Pension & Benefits
What we are looking for….
The company is a specialist manufacturing and distribution arm of a large, independently owned engineering group, free to make autonomous business decisions to influence bottom line contribution for the group. Whilst experience level is a deciding factor, we are also open, to considering ambitious Procurement & Supply Chain professionals looking for a challenge where they can morph, grow into and develop their own remit.
In short, our ideal candidate will….
- Be qualified or working towards a formal procurement & supply chain qualification such as CIPS or
- Ideally possess a minimum of 3 years working in a joint procurement & supply chain function, preferably within a manufacturing or raw materials procurement capacity.
- Possess experience of handling a substantial number of suppliers internationally.
- Be experienced in managing a high volume of SKU’S from a wide supplier base.
- Feel at home sourcing raw materials and understand materials planning aspect to support manufacturing.
- Have the gravitas and analytical mind to work with suppliers and benchmark supplier performance.
- Understand freight, logistics and the impact of inbound supply chain.
- Enjoy sourcing new suppliers globally.
- Feel comfortable in building solid negotiation cases with suppliers.
- Work in tandem and seamlessly with all areas of the business.
- Possess excellent attention to detail with high levels of precision, communicating clearly & succinctly at all levels.
- Deploy excellent PC and analytical skills, particularly excel spread sheet work as the role carries intrinsic analysis of data, parts supply and supplier performance.
- Positive character with a bright outlook and prepared to go the extra mile.
The company are fully prepared to support the successful applicant through continued professional development and genuine career advancement in line with performance.
To apply for the Buyer role please forward your CV to Robert Cox, at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Robert directly on 07398204832 for a further chat on the job.
JOB REF 3717RC – Buyer
Scroll down to apply or check out our other jobs here
Complete the fields below to apply:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,