Business Systems Engineer – Automotive Component Supplier
Coventry, Redditch, Shirley, Solihull, Birmingham, Warwick
£35,000 - £40,000 p.a. + Pension + Free Parking
£30,001 - £40,000
I have 7 years of Technical Recruitment experience, I specialise in recruiting for Automotive, Industrial and Engineering Manufacturers, including Tier One’s, placing a wide range of skilled candidates into Engineering jobs.
Business Systems Engineer
An automotive component supplier who are going through a substantial amount of growth require a Business Systems Engineer to maintain the internal engineering systems which are critical to the business. The ideal candidate will previous experience of working in a high-volume automotive manufacturing environment with excellent technical and administrative skills.
West Midlands – Commutable from Coventry, Redditch, Shirley, Solihull, Birmingham, Warwick
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 p.a. + Pension + Free Parking
- A Degree, HNC or HND in a business-related discipline is advantageous.
- Previous experience working in automotive manufacturing is essential to this position.
- Excellent knowledge of engineering bill of materials (BOM) is essential.
- A sound understanding of business systems and structures is essential.
- You will be fully conversant with automotive quality tools and systems; IATF16949, ISO9001 and ISO4001.
- Working knowledge of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) system is highly desirable.
The Role – Business Systems Engineer
- Reporting to the Program Engineering Manager, as the Business Systems Engineer you will liaise with multifunctional teams of people with the purpose of collecting and managing data through to the input of data into the plant systems.
- You will translate the Bill of Materials (BOM) and transpose them onto system 21 and AS400, liaise with production, process and design engineering to ensure the correct process routes and input them into the system.
- You will attend change management meetings (CMM) which are most relevant to your platforms.
- Mange internal engineering change (ECR) and raise new ECR’s as require by the plant.
- Assign the Bill of Materials (BOM) routing depending on make or buy decisions.
- Manage the PLM system (Product Lifecycle Management) and link PLM base numbers to system 21 base numbers.
Apply in Confidence
If you are a BOM Analyst, Data Analyst, Systems Analyst, Engineering Coordinator, Analyst or Systems Engineer and you wish to apply for the position of Business Systems Engineer please forward your CV to Greg Kneuss, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Greg directly for a further chat on the job.
Greg is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Greg and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 3227GK
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive, engineering and industrial recruitment agency for manufacturing and technical positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
Apply for this position:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,