Business Development Manager – Aftermarket
Manchester, Lancaster, Preston, Blackpool, Lancaster, Leeds, Huddersfield, Carlisle, Kendal, Chester, Crewe, United Kingdom
Circa £30k - £35k + pension + car + bonus
£30,001 - £40,000
With almost 25 years Technical Engineering recruitment experience, I handle most of Glen Callum’s Tier 1 and Tier 2 roles, recruiting Production, Design, Quality, Sales, Lean, Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma Professionals.
Business Development Manager – Aftermarket
Our search is on…
We are keen to recruit a great Business Development Manager for field sales, business developmentand account management activities into the automotive aftermarket and allied sectors. We are recruiting for one of the leading suppliers of portable power solutions into all sectors of the industry. So if you are great at sales and are a strong business developer, able to build trust and solid business partnerships, with a background of selling into the automotive aftermarket, motor factors, industrial or allied sectors then this could be the role for you… Get in touch today.
Ideally located – Manchester, Lancaster, Preston, Blackpool, Lancaster, Leeds, Huddersfield, Carlisle, Kendal, Chester, Crewe
Circa £30k – £35k + pension + car + bonus
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- New business development – Identify potential customers and the decision makers within the organisation. Research and build relationships with new customers. Work with sales team to developproposals that meet the requirements of the customer needs to reach a mutually agreeable product and service.
- Handle objections by clarifying agreements, resolving service issues and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Business Retention – Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.Work with technical staff and other colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Planning – Attend trade shows and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market trends. Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services and products. Identify opportunities for sales campaigns, services that will lead to an increase in sales. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the Company’s unique selling point.
- Management – Submit weekly progress reports on account activity and ensure data is accurate.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Business Development Manager builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and maintains an extensive knowledge of current markettrends to improve the company’s market share.
Ideally, we are looking for an individual working within a field sales capacity within the automotiveaftermarket or allied sectors. Experience of selling technical products is not a necessity, but some ability to grasp electrical and battery technology would be nice as some requirements can get techy. However, what we do need is an infectious relationship builder able to install trust into customers and users at all levels from board room to workshop floor. Our ideal person will have a plan and be commercially savvy, able to identify and recognise opportunities, but more importantly convert them into sales and revenue for the organisation.
- Professional business manager with proven record of developing and implementing business plans and goals, proactively working with a wide range of people.
- Effective development, training, and proposal skills
- An effective Communicator – oral and written
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- High-quality networking skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
For the right sales superstar this organisation offers an unrivalled service and support network, an excellent working environment and team ethos with a platform for further development based upon achievement, along with exceptional job stability. The company pride themselves on possessing excellent employee retention throughout all areas of their business along with great continual technical product training.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of Business Development Manager please forward your CV to Gary Horwood, Senior Recruiter, at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Gary directly for a further chat on the job.
Gary is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Gary and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2754GH
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
Apply for this position:
Share this role
The Red House Glass Cone,