Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Coventry, Leicester, Stoke-on-Trent, Derby, Wolverhampton, Stafford
Field Sales & Service Engineer
We are looking to recruit a great Field Service Engineer to work with an existing network of customers throughout the UK.
We are keen to hear from individuals with a mechanical service pedigree in electrical / mechanical engineering disciplines, adopting a hands on approach to their service work. Maybe you are currently servicing mechanical equipment across the automotive, engineering or industrial sectors? Or even perhaps in allied areas, such as materials handling equipment, forklift trucks, commercial vehicles, agricultural machinery or off highway / earth moving equipment?
If you possess great people skills combined with an aptitude for mechanical engineering then we would love to hear from you.
Home based – Ideal location Midlands / North (M6, M5, M1,M62 Corridor) Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Coventry, Leicester, Stoke-on-Trent, Derby, Wolverhampton, Stafford
Salary guide… (Circa up to £35k – £40K) basic + bonus & commission + vehicle + pension + benefits
Retaining existing customers is key….
Field based, this job needs flexibility and will sometimes require extensive travel across the Midlands and other parts of the UK, along with frequent travel to their Midlands HQ. The role is to predominantly support and cater for the needs of existing customers, assisting / advising on MRO, replacement product / solutions in addition to attaining and undertaking general service work along with routine maintenance schedules.
What would tick our boxes?
- Technical and hands on expertise working with complex mechanical equipment and machinery.
- Previous experience in commissioning, installing, repairing and servicing capital equipment in an engineering or automotive capacity.
- A mechanical aptitude in rebuilding machinery and diagnosing problems deploying corrective actions.
- Excellent relationship building skills able to communicate effectively at all levels from factory floor to board room.
- Recognise incremental sales opportunities in the field with existing customers.
- A HNC / HND level or above in a mechanical / engineering discipline would be distinctly advantageous.
This organisation is a global player in the markets in which they operate so full training support and ongoing product training will support the successful applicant.
- Good manner with people and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Presentable in appearance projecting a positive influence of the business.
- Ability to grasp technical, mechanical information.
- Well organised logical thinker.
- Team player.
- Can do attitude and positive mentality.
- Strong work ethic with high levels of self motivation.
- PC Literate.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Commercially aware and intuitive.
Is this you?
Then don’t hesitate, get in touch to talk to us further about this unique job or send your CV today to Tom Gould at our retained recruitment company Glen Callum Associates Ltd.