This is an exciting opportunity for a professionally qualified Accountant to step into a Commercial Accounting role with a leading engineering / industrial manufacturing business. This role will encompass all day to day Finance and Accounting activities for the business, whilst also providing a robust finance support strategy with group reporting into global HQ based in Europe. We are looking for either a recently qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant, or a time-served commercially experienced Accountant holding AAT or equivalent. You will also have a passion for improving and streamlining commercial / financial reporting, maximizing efficiency through utilisation of systems and technology.
Flexibility is a key benefit: This role will potentially cover 2 sites, one Midlands based and one Southern, therefore there will need to be some flexibility across the working week combining some home-based work with at least 1 additional location.
Ideal base Location: Birmingham, Coventry, Northampton, Rugby, Milton Keynes, Warwick
Package: £40,000 – £50,000 p.a. + Benefits + Generous Mileage Allowance + Career Advancement
- Reporting to the MD you will be a qualified or part qualified accountant with strong financial accounting and financial administration experience, preferably from within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Technical expertise in preparing both monthly and annual accounts / statements.
- Excellent communication skills able to report into the European HQ and deliver group financial reports.
- Competently, efficiently and autonomously manage day to day financial tasks for the UK subsidiary.
- Precise and articulate attention to detail able to quickly spot anomalies and balance accounting files.
- Highly PC literate with an excellent ability to manipulate data in Microsoft Excel, whilst also possessing knowledge of SAP B1 and Sage
- Ability to meet stringent timescales and deadlines quickly.
- Responsible for month end financial activities and annual accounting for the UK subsidiary.
- Monthly bank reconciliations and financial planning / financial administration.
- Corporate cost control including salaries, bonus payments and company expenses.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for the UK.
- Monitor purchasing, acquisitions and international currency conversions.
- Financial reporting to the European group / HQ.
- Assist with any audit
- Assist in the design and implementation of corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Maximize accounting efficiency and accuracy for the business through system development & technology.
A great career opportunity with a global leader in Engineering
If you are an Accountant with a flair for commercial & manufacturing operations, combined with a passion for driving accounting efficiency through systems and technology then this is fantastic career opportunity to shape the financial department within a global engineering business. Please get in touch with me Glen Shepherd – Recruitment Director, Glen Callum Associates Ltd to discuss further on 01384 485274 or to apply send your up to date CV to me securely at email@example.com
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 333881GS
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive, engineering and industrial recruitment agency for manufacturing and technical positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.