Lincoln, Newark-on-Trent, Grantham, Boston, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop, Scunthorpe
Aftermarket parts distribution
An exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Coordinator / Parts Buyer with experience of working in motor factor / aftermarket parts distribution / retail car parts / dealer network operation has arisen within an industry leader. Our client is a major supplier of classic and modern car parts and supplies garages and car enthusiasts the world over. They are seeking a Purchasing Assistant / Parts Buyer to join their successful purchasing department.
Office based – East Midlands – commutable from Lincoln, Newark-on-Trent, Grantham, Boston, Nottingham, Mansfield, Worksop, Scunthorpe
££ Circa 28k Basic + Benefits
This role would suit a candidate with a background within a motor factor, aftermarket parts distribution, automotive parts retail or dealer network environment.
- Previous experience within a buyer, purchasing or procurement role – ideally within the automotive industry.
- A purchasing qualification – such as CIPS, is desirable, as is time-served experience in buying or purchasing roles.
- A knowledge of car parts, manufacturing materials and the automotive industry is advantageous.
- First-class communication skills.
- You will be accurate, diligent and organised, with the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of using SAP, SGA or VSE systems is highly desirable.
- Routine review of inventory – placing orders to maintain availability whilst optimising stock turn.
- Regular reviews of back orders.
- Develop supplier relationships to ensure close working partnerships.
- Identify gaps in inventory and negotiate contracts with new suppliers to improve range, cashflow and profitability.
- Conduct new and existing supplier visits, assessing opportunities, capacity, viability and processes. Reporting findings and recommendations to the Purchasing Manager.
- Identify slow moving / NLA stock and report to purchasing manager with recommendations.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the Purchasing Assistant / Buyer job – aftermarket car parts please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for a further chat on the job.
Kayleigh is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful you will be contacted directly by Kayleigh and she will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 3165KB
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.