UK General Manager - Automotive Aftermarket
Are you a Senior Business Manager or General Manager with experience operating within a multi-national, global aftermarket parts manufacturing and distribution environment? Do you have flare for influencing business operations, business processes and driving commercial activities through developing robust strategic business plans and procedures?
If your answer is yes, read on as this could be the opportunity you have been looking for….
££ Executive Salary + Executive Car + Excellent Executive Benefits
Ideal Location – Milton Keynes, Luton, St Albans, Aylesbury, Harlow, Bedford, Hemel Hempstead, Maidenhead, Reading, Harlow, North West London
A global brand and an integral manufacturer and supply partner to world leading vehicle manufacturers, requires a General Manager / Senior Business Manager to steer their commercial & business functions for their automotive aftermarket business. We are looking for a charismatic leader with the ability to take on complex business processes to optimise their performance and maintain their number 1 supplier status in a challenging and demanding market place.
Reporting to the Director of Automotive this is a Senior Management remit and carries responsibility for the UK aftermarket P&L. The role focuses heavily around developing solid strategic business plans and business processes that drive the sales and marketing functions within the UK.
- Responsibility for the company P&L UK Aftermarket
- Drive data analysis and business process to maintain their number 1 supplier status
- Develop and implement operational strategy and policy to meet business objectives
- Steer creative marketing strategies to cater for long term and short term corporate plans
- Control the efficiency and measured deployment of sales & marketing budgets
- Manage complex pricing structures and tender processes for high level customers
- Create engaging business proposals that enable successful tenders and profit streams
- Negotiate retrospective rebate schemes that encourage healthy volume business growth aligned with group profit benchmarks
- Track aftermarket performance versus budget and deploy corrective actions when required
- Track and report on the company’s performance and positioning of the company in the market
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will undoubtedly require experience of operating in a senior business process or commercial management capacity within the automotive aftermarket
Preferably you will have significant exposure and experience in….
- Handling complex business processes and establishing business solutions to cater for a highly demanding parts distribution market
- Trading with buying groups and trade distributors and large parts wholesale operations within the automotive aftermarket
- Experience of handling a major OE brand within the automotive parts industry and key elements that are associated with this
- High exposure to complex pricing strategies and rebates
- Gravitas to positively influence senior industry figure heads
- Ability to influence internal business functions in particular sales, marketing and pricing personnel
- Experience of assessing and utilising and manipulating large amounts of data & information
- Financially robust with excellent commercial expertise and aptitude
- Strategic and visionary outlook
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- 1st class pc skills especially Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent financial expertise / analytical skills.
- Excellent organisation and delegation skills.
- Exceptional motivational qualities both yourself and team members.
- Resilience and tenacity under pressure.
- Proactive team player.
- Strong negotiation skills
To apply for the General Manager - Aftermarket job please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for a further chat on the job.
Kayleigh is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful you will be contacted directly by Kayleigh and she will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2728KB
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.