Technical Manager / Technical Category Product Manager
Ideal Location – Hereford, Worcester, Gloucester, Shrewsbury, Newport, Cheltenham
(Re-location support package available)
££ Excellent salary + Bonus + Car + Excellent benefits package
Are you a Category Manager or Product Manager with great technical capabilities and experience gained within the Automotive Aftermarket or OEM / Tier 1 Supplier to the automotive sector? Do you have excellent attention to detail combined with great man-management skills and an ability to get the best from your team?
If your answer is yes and you are ready for a unique senior technical challenge then read on as this could be just the opportunity you have been looking for.
Schaeffler UK Ltd…
We are working with the Schaeffler Group an innovative German automotive manufacturing business and a leader in supplying the world’s automotive industry with premium, engineered drive train solutions. Here in the UK they are a fast growing organisation and with their 3 premium brands LuK, INA and FAG they are established brand leaders within the automotive aftermarket. As an integral parts manufacturer and supply partner to world leading vehicle manufacturers they cover a broad spectrum of applications including passenger car, commercial vehicle, agricultural and off-highway sectors.
Reporting directly to the MD and working closely with the Head of Operations this is a key appointment and the successful candidate will be responsible for all category management / product management activities, along with developing the technical & training function that supports UK business within the automotive aftermarket sector.
- Manage, develop and nurture the product management & technical functions for the business and associated team members of circa 10 individuals.
- Head up key activities for the UK including total focus on product range extensions and gap analysis for the UK market / portfolio.
- Bring forward plans to cater for product range development and sourcing specific product references from the German parent company.
- Analyse and track competitor activity in relation to product range and category development including cross referencing and parts identification tools / catalogues.
- Further develop and grow the organisations technical hotline support function catering for the needs of distributors and repairers alike.
- Manage procedural operations for the UK warranty services and attain KPI benchmarking.
- Prepare & deliver meaningful and engaging technical training sessions to cement the company’s reputation as number 1 in their field.
- Become the face for the technical function at European meetings and dealings with the parent company in Germany covering category management, product management and technical matters for the business.
Our Ideal Candidate…
Our ideal candidate will undoubtedly require experience of operating in a technical category management / technical product management, or even a technical services management capacity preferably within the automotive aftermarket, OEM or Tier 1 supplier to the motor industry.
You will also
- Possess natural leadership and supervisory qualities and be able to lead the technical team from the front.
- Be able to work well under pressure, be quick to learn, IT literate, analytical and possess a natural flare and passion for solving technical problems. You will also require strong technical capabilities and excellent communication abilities both written and verbal with an ability to communicate at all levels from business owner / stakeholder through to workshop owners and technicians.
- Be educated to HNC/ HND or degree level in a technical / engineering discipline as a minimum.
- Possess a keen eye for detail and strong excel capabilities you will also need to be able to analyse large amounts of data and form solid commercial decisions to support the decision making process.
- Have previous experience of working within product / category management in an aftermarket or technically engineering biased business, combined with an understanding of replacement components in the automotive, commercial vehicle, agricultural or off hi-way sectors would be exceptionally beneficial.
Don’t delay. Get in touch today and send your CV to Glen Shepherd at Glen Callum Associates.
Glen Callum Associates are leading automotive and industrial recruitment specialists for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search.