Purchasing Representative / Procurement Assistant
A Purchasing Representative/Procurement Assistant based within the West Midlands is needed for an international leader within automotive, independent aftermarket and industrial component manufacturing.
Ideally located – Wolverhampton, Cannock, Stafford, Telford, Tamworth, Walsall, West Bromwich, Burton on Trent
Competitive Salary + Exceptional Benefits + Generous Holiday Entitlement
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Purchasing Representative takes responsibility for the entire location’s purchasing activities, in addition to this the candidate will be responsible for:
- Negotiations and RFQ’s for UK manufacturing activity
- Assisting the production facility with urgent orders
- Participating in price comparison exercises to ensure the department is profitable
- Coordination of the whole procurement process to ensure delivery of products in a timely manner
- Preparation of training materials
- Upkeep of all master data on the company systems
- Fantastic negotiation skills
- Previous experience in a purchasing role within a manufacturing environment
- A good standard of networking and communication skills
- A team player that can also work independently
- Microsoft Office and SAP experience
- Preferably part or fully CIPS qualified
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of Purchasing Representative / Procurement Assistant please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for a further chat on the job.
Kayleigh is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Kayleigh and she will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2741KB
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.