Manufacturing Support Engineer (Maintenance)
– Automotive Manufacturer
Reporting to the Production Manager, this role is a fantastic opportunity to join a celebrated global developer and manufacturer of automotive components.
Ideally based: Chelmsford, Basildon, London, Cambridge, Harlow, Watford, St Albans
£Competitive + Benefits etc.
Our clients’ portfolio of clients includes some of the biggest vehicle manufacturers in the world. They have the solidity of some 30 years’ success in supplying reliable products to these Original Equipment Manufacturing giants and backed by this strength, have this requirement at their UK Headquarters.
As a Manufacturing Support Engineer (Maintenance), responsibilities will be:
- To assess all notified production stoppages and initiate/ take remedial action.
- To provide comprehensive support to Manufacturing cells, Manufacturing Technicians, Manufacturing Engineers and Operations Managers using multi-disciplinary skills.
- To support new product, tooling and equipment introduction (with MED/ENG)
- To support Continuous Improvement programmes
- To maintain & support equipment / processes, to meet demands of the business
- To support Facilities Maintenance, including, Sprinkler system, Fire Alarms, buildings and facilities
- To direct support to rectify equipment and process failures / breakdowns
- To work with manufacturers and suppliers to provide wider technical support
- To work with Tooling department to minimise tool failures and breakdowns
- To support to test equipment
- To support, Improvement and Maintenance of all assembly equipment including 3 and 6 axis robots and facilities
- To provide technical support to Business Manager and Supervisors on all shifts
- To inform the post holders Line Manager of any difficulties in actioning the above and agree resolution.
- Any other duties which may reasonably be required by the post holders Line Manager or Director.
Candidates should have lots of hands on experience (ideally in plastics), understanding of PLCs from a fault finding point of view and a good electrical knowledge and have the ability to be self-sufficient.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world renowned and globally recognised company. The successful applicant will enjoy operating within the strength of an international organisation with the feel of a local business.
The Way Forward:
Should you wish to be considered for the above role of Manufacturing Support Engineer (Maintenance), please apply via forwarding your CV in the first instance to Gary Horwood, Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
JOB REF 2681GH
Glen Callum Associates are leading automotive recruitment specialists for sales, technical, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.