Managing Director / General Manager
Agricultural parts, accessories & machinery - Aftermarket
Are you a Senior Manager or a high level Commercial Manager with bags of energy? Are you bursting with passion and keen to secure an opportunity that allows you to combine your management expertise and business prowess to make key commercial decisions and influence business growth and efficiency? Do you understand the challenges and obstacles involved in supplying aftermarket parts into a trade channel?
If your answer is yes read on as this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Ideally located – Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Athlone, Mullingar, Kilkenny, Central/Mid Ireland
Circa €90k - €100K plus Basic Salary + Bonus + Executive Car + Excellent Executive Benefits + potential relocation package
Established for in excess of 35 years this business is still a privately-owned enterprise employing in the region of 100 people and selling into in excess of 40 countries internationally. The key to their success has been their ability to deploy quick decisions, reinforced by a strong work ethic and dedication towards offering quality, availability, service and value to their customers
Reporting directly to the business owners and prime investors this is a pivotal senior appointment which carries full P&L and operational responsibility and will revolve around increasing sales, maximising efficiencies and achieving operational excellence. In addition, securing the company’s future growth into new international territories and preparing to cater for this increase in capacity.
- Responsibility for the company P&L and balance sheet.
- Full responsibility for the company’s operational procedures and performance.
- Lead the management team and respective department heads along with their teams.
- Lead from the front and provide solid leadership for the whole business.
- Track company progress and deploy corrective measures where required.
- Monitor financial budgets for the business encompassing costs versus sales revenue.
- Make key commercial decisions where necessary to take the business forward.
- Appraise, mentor, lead and instil disciplinary parameters for the business.
- Assist the investors in building strategies to take the company forward and secure continued growth versus the strategic plan.
- Operationally strengthen the business to cater for future growth and improve efficiency levels.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will undoubtedly require experience of operating in a senior management or senior commercial management capacity within a wholesale & distribution business supplying a trade channel ideally with spare parts, accessories or aftermarket products.
Here are a few key points which you will need to demonstrate a proven track record in:
- Managing and motivating staff within a wholesale to trade channel.
- Understanding of wholesale distribution ideally of spare parts / replacement parts.
- Knowledge of the automotive aftermarket or parts distribution is highly desirable.
- Knowledge / experience of warehousing, distribution and logistics principles.
- Knowledge / experience in Financial Administration, cost control.
- Skills in managing sales development and appointing strategic re-sellers / distributors.
- Solid commercial expertise and aptitude for total business responsibility.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of Managing Director please forward your CV to Glen Shepherd, Director at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Glen directly for a further chat on the job.
Glen is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Glen and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2743GS
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.