Divisional Buyer– Stampings and/or Fabrications, Hydraulics, Plastics, Raw Materials, Electrification Technology
Due to significant new projects, we are seeking a Divisional Buyer, to work within the purchasing department of a leading vehicle manufacturer.
Previous experience of sourcing, purchasing or procurement within a manufacturing environment essential. Ideally Automotive Tier 1, Rail, OEM or Aerospace.
Ideally located – Wolverhampton, Derby, Nottingham, Tamworth, Cannock, Stafford, Stoke-on-Trent, Crewe, Chesterfield, Birmingham, Re-locators considered.
Excellent Salary + Benefits Package
- Demonstrates experience in "direct" procurement, gained in a fast-moving Manufacturing environment
- Experience of purchasing within the Indian, Chinese, Asian LCC resourcing community
- Experience gained within an Electrical, Aerospace, Rail, Automotive or Tier 1 Manufacturing environment, would be beneficial
- Experience of mentoring/leading functional reports
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, ideally gained in a complex multi-divisional environment
- Procurement experience within the Plastics, Hydraulics, Raw Materials, Electrification Technology, Stampings, Pressings and/or Fabrication markets required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Post holder should hold a full driving licence and be prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require (sometimes at short notice).
Reporting directly to a Global Category Manager the role is responsible for delivering the strategic direction as agreed and ensuring that the supply base is capable of meeting business expectations. You will procure a defined range of automotive components, in line with Purchasing departmental procedures and objectives, focusing on securing strong commercial terms and excellent quality and delivery service levels from suppliers.
- Evaluate cost data and quotation analysis forms and identify cost saving opportunities. Quickly assimilate supplier and client processes in order to positively impact purchasing performance.
- Confidently enter into total cost and contractual negotiations with current and potential suppliers.
- Understand and apply tools and techniques to close cost gaps and achieve value for money whilst maintaining supplier relationships.
- Understand and support the quality department in achieving full Quality Approval (Supplier Performance Approval Process).
- Lead and promote good supplier relationships.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of Divisional Buyer please forward your CV to Gary Horwood, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Gary directly for a further chat on the job.
Gary is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Gary and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2733GH
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.