Cost Engineer / Cost Estimator – Automotive Engineering
A Cost Engineer / Estimator experienced in a plastic injection moulding environment is required for a global player and industry leader within automotive, independent aftermarket and industrial components manufacturing.
Midlands based – Commutable from – Cannock, Wolverhampton, Telford, Stafford, Birmingham, Walsall, Dudley, Tamworth
£Competitive Salary + Bonus + Pension + Life Assurance + 25 days Holiday (+ bank Holidays) + Healthcare
Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager, the Cost Engineer / Estimator will accurately estimate the profitability and cost of new projects and OES products.
- Calculate product costs
- Collate costs for tooling, equipment and parts sourced from other departments
- Determine the most appropriate materials, production method, timescales and manpower required
- Challenge current practices to reduce waste and reduce costs
- Support the quotation process
- Monitor and analyse all OES products to ensure profitability throughout the product lifecycle.
- BOM / Routing creation and updates
- Analyse results versus estimates after product introduction
- Our ideal candidate will be educated to HNC / HND / Degree level in Engineering, ideally with an emphasis on plastic techniques, or will have completed a technical apprenticeship
- Hands on, technical experience in plastic injection moulding is essential for this position
- A candidate who specialises in polymer science will be of distinct advantage
- An aptitude for mathematics with the ability to analyse, compare and interpret detailed information
- A thorough understanding of tooling feasibility and assembly processes is required
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of quality management systems including QS9000, ISO9001 and VDA6.1 are highly desirable
- Experience of SAP R3 is a distinct advantage
- Personal attributes should include: attention to detail; problem solver; team player; self-starter; creative; enthusiastic and a strong communicator.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the Cost Engineer / Cost Estimator – Automotive Components job please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for a further chat on the job.
Kayleigh is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Kayleigh and she will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
Job Ref 2590KB
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.