Commercial Manager - Automotive Aftermarket
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Manager with a key player in the UK aftermarket. Are you driven by data? Do you have the ability to create successful sales, marketing and operational strategies? Are you a strong leader who can lead and further develop a highly successful sales and marketing team?
££ Attractive Basic Salary + Car + Fantastic Pension + Life Assurance + Private Healthcare + Generous Holiday Entitlement
Ideal Location – Milton Keynes, Luton, St Albans, Aylesbury, Harlow, Bedford, Hemel Hempstead, Maidenhead, Reading, Harlow, North West London
Also open to candidates willing to relocate.
Reporting to the Director of Automotive this is a Senior Commercial Management opportunity and carries responsibility for the UK aftermarket P&L.
- Responsibility for the company P&L UK Aftermarket
- Drive data analysis and business process to maintain their number 1 supplier status
- Develop and implement operational strategy and policy to meet business objectives
- Steer creative marketing strategies to cater for long term and short term corporate plans
- Control the efficiency and measured deployment of sales & marketing budgets
- Manage complex pricing structures and tender processes for high level customers
- Create engaging business proposals that enable successful tenders and profit streams
- Negotiate retrospective rebate schemes that encourage healthy volume business growth aligned with group profit benchmarks
- Track aftermarket performance versus budget and deploy corrective actions when required
- Track and report on the company’s performance and positioning of the company in the market
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will undoubtedly require experience of operating in a senior manager or commercial manager capacity within the automotive aftermarket
Preferably you will have significant exposure and experience in….
- Trading with buying groups and trade distributors and large parts wholesale operationswithin the automotive aftermarket
- Experience of handling a major OE brand within the automotive parts industry and keyelements that are associated with this
- High exposure to complex pricing strategies and rebates
- Gravitas to positively influence senior industry figure heads and internal business functions
- Experience of assessing and utilising and manipulating large amounts of data & information
- Financially robust with excellent commercial expertise and aptitude
- Strategic and visionary outlook
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- 1st class pc skills especially Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent financial expertise / analytical skills.
- Exceptional motivational qualities both yourself and team members.
- Resilience and tenacity under pressure.
- Strong negotiation skills.
To apply for the Commercial Manager - Aftermarket job please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for a further chat on the job.
Kayleigh is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful you will be contacted directly by Kayleigh and she will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2728CMKB
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.