Area Sales Manager – Aftermarket (retail & trade)
We are looking to recruit an energetic, professional and focused Area Sales Manager to manage a portfolio of customers covering the retail and trade sectors of the automotive aftermarket and leisure markets. If you are a great sales person with field sales or territory sales experience and have the skills to sell a premium brand then let’s hear from you.
Covering – South East & South Coast
Maidstone, Canterbury, Southampton, London, Colchester, Ipswich, Oxford, Cambridge
££ Competitive Basic + Bonus + Car + Expenses + Laptop + Mobile
- Account management and development of sales into key aftermarket customers consisting of retailers, trade distributors, cash & carry, wholesalers and national retail accounts.
- Increase both range and product intake within designated accounts.
- Develop both journey plan and sales action plan to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- Actively participate and conduct customer presentations, staff training demonstrations and distributor “rep work outs”.
- Monitor and develop sales plan to set objectives and profit milestones
- Take full P&L responsibility for your trading accounts.
Target Profile / Experience
- Planning a sales region and formulating structured field sales activity into key accounts and large customers both regionally and nationally.
- Able to captivate interest via formal and informal presentations.
- Experience or interest within the automotive sector or car maintenance would be advantageous though this is not essential. More important will be your salient skills and experience.
- Skills, knowledge and experience of the methods in selling dedicated products via retailer / distributor channels and trade wholesalers would be distinctly beneficial.
- Conducting sales negotiations and bringing sales pitches to a successful conclusion through closing on key features and benefits proposals.
- Operating with honesty and integrity at all times.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key decision makers.
- Would suit candidate with graduate experience looking to take their field sales career to the next level via key account management.
- Excellent communication and people handling skills.
- Team player with self initiative.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Must be self motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated and able to operate remotely and upon own initiative.
- Highly PC Literate (MS office word / excel / power Point).
We require an enthusiastic individual with a passion for sales and a thirst for achieving sales targets and profit milestones.
The Way Forward
Should you wish to be considered for the above role, please apply to Jenny Harris, Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
Ref 2676 JH