Account Manager – Export Sales with German Language Skills
Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, Cheshire, Crewe, Uttoxeter
Salary £Negotiable DOE + Bonus + Benefits
Export Sales Account Manager required to manage and develop sales of export accounts for this groundbreaking UK supplier of automotive aftermarket parts and support the already successful Field Sales team. Fluent German speaking / language skills required and a real interest in working in a multi-lingual role are pre-requisites.
Our client is one of the most efficient automotive component manufacturing and development centres in Europe. They supply a huge range of quality replacement products, primarily for the Aftermarket. From state-of-the-art facilities, they boast the design, development and manufacture of several new parts each month and have invested heavily in their future stability.
- Increasing sales and exposure of the company’s products via key automotive aftermarket distributors, primarily into the German replacement parts market.
- Grow sales, turnover, margin and overall profitability for wider European markets. The role includes selling and promoting products via third party distributors, including demonstrating key benefits of the product range.
- This is a key Export Account management appointment for the company and adds to their continued expansion plans.
- Fluency in both the German and English language are an essential requirement combined with high levels of energy and tenacity.
- Manage and develop specific export accounts as agreed with the Export Sales Manager.
- Monitor, analyse and develop customer spends in addition to planning and prioritizing account base and all sales activities.
- Manage all sales activity on your accounts and work in tandem with other departments to ensure a seamless service from point of order / order generation through to supply chain, dispatch and finance / accounts.
- Monitor and report on all competitor activity appropriately.
- Regularly update and communicate with customers via telephone & email.
- Understand and identify customer sales and ordering trends from sales data, customer spend, part number frequency etc.
- Considerable travel is involved with this role.
- Our ideal candidate will ideally possess a minimum of 2 years experience of operating in an export sales support or account management capacity within a manufacturing or distribution environment. Also of interest are fluent German speaking customer service/sales graduates operating in a commercial environment.
- German language (to a business level).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Clear and concise telephone manner.
- PC literate in all Microsoft applications. Particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Good command of the English language.
- Highly numerate and analytical.
- Ability to build long term business relationships.
- Knowledge or experience gained within automotive components or engineering disciplines would be advantageous though not deemed essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world renowned and globally recognised company. The successful applicant will enjoy operating within the strength of an international organisation with the feel of a local business. Your decisions and actions will make a huge impact on the business and visual results will be imminent. Genuine career opportunities are associated with this appointment.
The Way Forward:
Should you wish to be considered for the above role of Export Sales Account Manager, please apply via forwarding your CV in the first instance to Gary Horwood, Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
JOB REF 2642GH
Glen Callum Associates are leading automotive recruitment specialists for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.